FLEXIBILITY IS A TRAIT* THAT IS THE BASIS FOR FOCUS AND CONCENTRATION, ENHANCED MENTAL AND PHYSICAL WELL-BEING, ENHANCED CONFIDENCE. THE EMOTIONAL FLEXIBILITY LAB IS CONSISTENTLY THE HIGHEST RATED LAB.
Cognitive Flexibility, one of the top 10 new behaviors and skills for the 2020 workplace (WEF, January 2016) allows the mental switch back and forth between modalities, to hold several parallel pieces of information, change task rules, adapt to new processes, and hold more than one state in mind at a time. It is a non-negotiable skill for the new digital world.
Emotional flexibility refers to the ability to adapt to emotionally stressful situations; to be able to center and balance oneself without letting emotion interfere with healthy functioning. It permits an individual to let go emotionally of 'what was' and devote more bandwidth to current and future time.
Studies show that over 67% of working people experience daily emotional disruption. For some, this could happen only once or twice, causing distraction for only a few minutes. For the majority, emotional disruption and distraction can reduce focus and engagement for most of the workday.
Both cognitive and emotional flexibility can be learned and adopted as traits by following graded exercises until new behaviors and beliefs become self-rewarding and sustainable.
1. We’ll take baseline measures of where each person in the group currently is, and design a landing place where they want or need to be.
2. Then we conduct the lab, both in-house and online. The lab will be like a fun boot-camp - engaging, difficult, in-your-face, and yet very do-able, with continual support and supervision. Labs can take up to 4-7 days, divided into 2-3 sessions spread over a 21-day period.
3. We conduct post-measures at 30 days and return for a three-month refresher and follow-up measurement.
4. A continued 9-month program is developed with each lab participant where online support is available.
LABS ARE GUARANTEED TO RESULT IN AGREED-UPON CHANGES IN ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS.
* A trait is an underlying attribute that reflects stable, enduring beliefs and attitudes. This is a one-time permanent change in behavior that if practiced will remain gifted to your employee the rest of their lives.